Frequently Asked Questions
Which sites does Osmosis record?
- Osmosis is pre-loaded with a group of sites identified by our appraisal experts. (Pages or frequency of your visits to any other sites aren't recorded). Please refer to our Privacy Statement to confirm this.
Can I specify my own learning and research sites?
- Yes you can! Click on 'My Sites' to add your own sites instantly, or toggle the pre-loaded sites on and off.
Can I add notes as I browse?
- Yes, you can log in directly from the 'tray icon' on your PC (Internet Explorer version) or the Osmosis extension icon on the top of your browser into add your notes and reflections.
What about recording other learning activity?
- Yes. You can attach Word documents, PowerPoint documents, scanned paper documents and images to your journal - all in a single secure location.
- You can alos upload information to your journal via our smartphone apps.
Can I share my records with colleagues?
- Yes - the 'practice' function allows you to share your learning with other members of the same practice.
Will Osmosis work on more than one computer?
Yes. Once you're registered, you can download Osmosis to as many computers as you like. So you can use it on your surgery computer and your home laptop, for example. Here's how to set it up:
- Visit this website on the computer you want to use.
- Go to Osmosis.me
- Login and enter your username and password.
- Go to 'My Account'
- Click on 'Download Software'.
- Follow the simple on-screen instructions.
- You're done! Now all your learning and research records are automatically integrated, no matter which machine you use.
Will it work on different browsers?
- Yes Osmosis works on Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari.
Will it work tablet, iPad or iPhone browsers?
- No. This is currently not possible.
I've got another question!
- If this FAQ didn't answer your question, please email us email@example.com. We'll be happy to help you.