How Osmosis software works
Osmosis is easy to set up and use, even if you're not a computer expert. Here's how it works, step by step.
- Download and install. After you register, you will be directed to "Osmosis Tools" and you will be guided through the process. The page will detect which browser you are using and present the version you need first. There are versions for Internet Explorer 6+ , Firefox, Chrome and Safari. You can install them as many times in as many places as you want.
- Fit and forget. Just use the web as you normally would. Each time you visit one of your selected websites, Osmosis notes the pages you've visited. All your data is safely stored in the 'cloud' (our secure online servers).
- Record your thoughts. Add notes and reflections there and then or by logging in later when you have more time. Your Journal and Smartphone/Tablet App records are all stored in the same account, in the same place in the 'cloud'.
- The journal allows you to add records on a variety of events (practice meetings, professional reading, SEAs etc.). You can share each entry with colleagues in your practice if you wish.
- The app allows you to make notes whilst you are out, attach images then save to your Osmosis account in the cloud. You will need to have purchased a license before you can use the app.
- Prepare your appraisal in minutes. At the end of the year (or at any time), simply print off a report in PDF format to show evidence of all your learning activity.